Wayfarer Glasses: The Perfect Accessory for a Classic and Timeless Look
If you’re looking for a stylish and classic accessory to complement your outfit, wayfarer glasses are a great choice. These glasses have been around for over 60 years, and they continue to be a popular choice among fashion enthusiasts and regular people alike. In this article, we will explore the history of wayfarer eyeglasses, their design and features, how to choose the right pair for you, and the benefits of wearing them.
Table of Contents
- History of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- Design and Features of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- Types of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- How to Choose the Right Pair of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- Benefits of Wearing Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- How to Style Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- How to Take Care of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- Common Myths About Wayfarer Eyeglasses
- The Future of Wayfarer Eyeglasses
1. History of Wayfarer Glasses
Wayfarer glasses were first introduced in 1952 by Ray-Ban, a well-known eyewear company. These glasses were designed to be more modern and stylish than the traditional round glasses that were popular at the time. The first pair of wayfarer eyeglasses were made from plastic, which was a new material for glasses at the time. The glasses quickly gained popularity, especially among celebrities and musicians.
In the 1960s, wayfarer eyeglasses became even more popular due to their appearance in several popular movies. The glasses were worn by Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and by Tom Cruise in “Risky Business.” These appearances helped to solidify the wayfarer eyeglasses as a classic and timeless accessory.
2. Design and Features of Wayfarer Glasses
Wayfarer eyeglasses are easily recognizable by their unique design. They have a thick plastic frame that is usually black, but can also be other colors such as tortoiseshell or white. The frame has a distinctive trapezoidal shape, with the top part of the frame being wider than the bottom. The glasses also have a keyhole bridge, which is a single bridge that sits on the nose.
The lenses of wayfarer eyeglasses are usually made from glass or plastic and are either polarized or non-polarized. Polarized lenses help to reduce glare and are great for outdoor activities. Non-polarized lenses are better for everyday use and are less expensive than polarized lenses.
3. Types of Wayfarer Glasses
There are several types of wayfarer eyeglasses available on the market. These include:
- Classic Wayfarer Eyeglasses: These are the original wayfarer eyeglasses designed by Ray-Ban. They have a thick plastic frame and a trapezoidal shape.
- New Wayfarer Eyeglasses: These glasses have a slightly smaller frame than the classic wayfarer eyeglasses and a more curved shape.
- Folding Wayfarer Eyeglasses: These glasses have a frame that can be folded in half, making them easy to store and transport.
- Wayfarer Sunglasses: These glasses have polarized lenses and are great for outdoor activities.
4. How to Choose the Right Pair of Wayfarer Glasses
When choosing a pair of wayfarer eyeglasses, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Face Shape: The shape of your face will determine which style of wayfarer eyeglasses will look best on you. Those with round faces should choose glasses with sharper angles, while those with square faces should choose glasses with rounder edges.
- Frame Size: Wayfarer eyeglasses come in different sizes, so it